Collectively, CUTC members have advanced the state-of-the-art in all modes and disciplines of transportation. In doing so, the membership of CUTC have made significant and lasting contributions to the nation’s mobility, economy, and defense.
To review the research programs of CUTC organizations that have also been designated by Congress as University Transportation Centers (UTCs), see the UTC website or browse USDOT Research Hub.
Per the federal reporting requirements for University Transportation Centers (UTCs), a research project description must be submitted to the Research in Progress (RiP) database and after a project is completed, a final report must be indexed and abstracted in TRB’s Transportation Research International Documentation Database (TRID). These databases allow an interested person the ability to search for UTC-funded research on a specific topic.
To identify in-process or completed research on a topic of interest, follow these steps in the respective website:
- Access the link: Research in Progress or Transportation Research International Documentation Database
- Click the “Advanced Search” link
- Enter “Bicycles” in the Keywords box
- Scroll down to the “Record type” box and click on the drop down menu and select “UTC – University Transportation Centers”
- Scroll down to the “Submit Search” button