The CUTC New Initiatives Program enables CUTC members to propose one-time or ongoing activities that advance the goals of the organization. Proposals can be submitted for activities that bring benefit to CUTC members through technology transfer, workforce development, and synthesis-type research. Proposals for conducting research projects are not eligible for this program.
Examples of activities that could be proposed include:
- A workforce development summit
- A primer or webinar series to help post-secondary students improve their writing skills
- travel scholarships
- educational materials to expose future workforce to the breadth of transportation careers
Please download and utilize the template found HERE
to submit your application.
Deadline: Friday, October 1, 2021 (passed, we are reviewing applications)
Submit to: Traci Ulberg, CUTC Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Evaluation Criteria is as follows:
The selection committee will rate each of the four elements on a scale from 0 to 5, with 5 points being the highest score. The weights for each of the four criteria are provided below.
- The initiative supports the CUTC mission, highlights university research and education, and is consistent with the goals of the organization. Maximum 5 points; Weighting factor = 35%.
- The initiative benefits a significant component of CUTC members.
(1 point for initiatives that benefit fewer than 20% of member universities; 2 points for initiatives that benefit between 20-40% of member universities; …., and 5 points for initiatives that benefit more than 80% of member universities). Maximum 5 points; Weighting factor = 35%.
- Budget justification.
(0 for no justification provided; 3 for minimal but adequate justification provided; 5 for clear and comprehensive justification provided.) Maximum 5 points; Weighting factor = 10%.
- Applicant resources provided.
(0 for no resources provided; 3 for modest amount of resources provided (10-40% of total); 5 for substantial amount of resources provided (50% or more). Maximum 5 points; Weighting factor = 20%.
- Are staff resources required from CUTC or other strategic partners, such as AASHTO, APTA, or Eno? These would include any resources not discussed in budget/budget justification.
(If yes, please provide details. Note that a discussion will take place during the CUTC EC meeting regarding the magnitude of resources needed and the implications on the CUTC budget before making a final funding decision.) Not part of scoring but factored into final decision by EC.