Changing the TIDE in Transportation – Webinar 5
[Recorded: June 16, 2021]
The TIDE Series Panel: Reflections and Pathways Forward. The panel, composed of the webinar series steering committee members, reflected on the objectives of the TIDE series with the panelists offering their insights about the evolution of the series from the beginning to now.
The panelists also reflected on their personal experiences in equity and research as well as discussed potential next steps in this series for CUTC. The panel and audience members added ideas for pathways in creating a more inclusive environment and incorporating equity in transportation research moving forward for both individual researchers as well as for university transportation centers.
- Chandra Bhat (Moderator)Director, US DOT Center on Data-Supported Transportation Operations and Planning (D-STOP), The University of Texas at Austin
- Carol Lewis (Panelist)Emeritus Director, Center for Transportation Training & Research, Texas Southern University
- Juan Matute (Panelist) Associate Director, Institute of Transportation Studies, University of California, Los Angeles
- P.S. Sriraj (Panelist) Director, Urban Transportation Center, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Melissa Tooley (Panelist) Director of External Initiatives, Texas A&M Transportation Institute