The CUTC “HNTB Lifetime Achievement Award for University Transportation Education and Research” has been given annually since 2015 to honor individuals who have had a long history of significant and outstanding contributions to university transportation education and research resulting in a lasting contribution to transportation. This award supplants the earlier “CUTC Award for Distinguished Contributions to University Transportation Education and Research” Award, which was given annually from 1998 through 2014. Unlike this earlier award, the CUTC Lifetime Achievement Award for University Transportation Education and Research does not require the nominee to be actively engaged currently in the academic profession.
Who can apply?
The HNTB CUTC Lifetime Achievement Award for University Transportation Education and Research is open to faculty members and researchers in CUTC member Universities that are in good standing. These are schools that have paid their CUTC annual membership dues for the current year. There is NO LIMIT to the number of nominations that may be submitted from an institution. The award will go to an individual, not an institution.
Please note: Self-nominations are not allowed; individuals who have received the earlier “CUTC Award for Distinguished Contributions to University Transportation Education and Research” are not eligible, and Members of CUTC EC are not eligible for applying to this award.
What must be submitted?
- All applications must be submitted online.
- A nomination letter no more than two pages long with single-line spacing and a Times Roman, 12-point font size or larger.
- A maximum of two support letters that speak to the nominee’s research, educational, and public service contributions. Each letter should be no more than two pages long with single line spacing and a Times Roman 12-point font size or larger.
- Supporting Biographical Information (no more than 10 pages) that demonstrates the individual’s commitment to transportation education, research, and associated professional service.
- Demonstrated excellence in education. This includes information about innovative transportation education practices, instructional materials developed, new courses developed, major course improvement projects, grants or awards relating to transportation education, and assessments by both students and peers.
- Demonstrated distinguished contributions in research. Evidence that emphasize the broad- based trajectory of their research in transportation related topics, and showcase the originality, quantity, and quality of the nominee’s work.
- Demonstrated contributions through associated professional service. Evidence that showcases their contribution to the transportation science and broad transportation community through associated professional activities. Metrics could include membership in appropriate professional groups, leadership positions held and activity in associated committees.
- Distinguished impacts of the nominee’s contributions to transportation. This includes, but is not limited to, “citation classic” papers, a fundamental technical advance or invention that has had substantial scientific and/or commercial ramifications, a record of supporting research and developments by establishing strong research or industrial programs, educational programs, mentoring of young people within the community, and any other major impact in the transportation field.
When are entries due?
Online submissions must be completed by October 30th.
How is (are) the winner(s) selected?
Nominees will be judged on their distinguished contributions in education, research, and associated professional service to the broad transportation community as documented in their biographical information provided with the nomination.
Awards Notification: Winning entries will be notified on or before November 30. All applicants will be notified of the results of the Selection Committee.
Awards Presentation: Winners will be recognized at the CUTC Annual Awards banquet held in January in Washington, D.C.
For additional information: Contact Traci Ulberg at (406) 273-7224 or email email@example.com.